When a film obtains distribution, the distributor will have a list of items that need to be delivered to them on a hard drive. Each distributor will have its own requirements and specs that need to be met, including length and placement of bars & tone, slate, audio channel configuration, textless elements, and technical requirements for passing QC. Having a different domestic distributor and foreign distributor will likely require two different sets of deliverables. A quote for deliverables can be given upon seeing the distributor's specs.
DIGITAL DELIVERABLE SERVICES
Foreign and domestic distributors will provide specs for the assets that need to be delivered. Distributors can differ from each other on what they want delivered and how. Some of the specific items that could be ask for, and which Escient Digital is able to perform and provide include:
- 2K and/or 4K Masters
- Masters in ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 4444, DNxHD, and/or DNxHR
- Audio tracks embedded into the video file (ex. 5.1 only, or 5.1 + LtRt, or 5.1 + LtRt + M&E, or other possibilities)
- Textless shots separately or within the Master file
- Bars & Tone
- Complete set of separate stems for 5.1, LtRt, M&E, etc.
- Complete set of individual color corrected media
- Limiters applied to ensure passing domestic and foreign broadcast QC
- DVD and/or Blu-ray Masters with Stereo or 5.1 surround sound
- H.264 or H.265 encoded version(s)
- DCP (please see our specific DCP page)
Premiere Pro CC Final Cut Pro X DaVinci Resolve Avid Media Composer
Any Camera Any Codec Any Resolution up to 8K Mac or Windows-based Projects
Because the deliverables specs and requirements for each distributor varies, and there will likely be different specs and requirements for your domestic distributor and foreign distributor, we need to customize quotes for creating deliverables for any films. Please contact us for a quote.